Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 28, Friday

  Still not exactly sure why there is milk coming in the stomach and up the tube, but Lyla has been pretty good about it. Today she seemed to be breathing much faster than usual and her O2 stats have been low in the high 70s. Nurse Shelly was doing a "blow by" with the oxygen mask, just lesving it near Lyla's face to help get the stat up. I am starting to feel like we are taking small steps backward now. She hasn't had any outburst fits, so that is relieving at least.

  Trevor and I have been practicing things that we will have to do at home and one of them is the lovanox shot... I really have no interest in doing this and even had the nurses change the time they do it to 6am so that Trevor would have to do it every time. But I still need to learn it and feel comfortable so tonight I did it... I stuck a needle into my (sleeping) baby! It was honestly not as bad as I thought, but I still really do not want to do this! I think Lyla has a couple of weeks left on these shots before they do another check on the blood clots.

Upped feeds to 27ml an hour, with two hours off in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment